Council’s Strategic Directions
Become a leading voice on issues of importance to women and relating to gender-equality in New Brunswick.
- Establish clear positions and, where appropriate, recommendations on key issues;
- Become a leading resource for research, analysis, commentary, and recommendations;
- Be able to identify and respond nimbly to emerging issues and opportunities.
Engage with and be informed by the women of New Brunswick in their full diversity.
- Membership and analysis reflect the diversity of women’s identities, experiences, and communities;
- Provide opportunities for women to identify and share priorities, needs, and solutions;
- Build connections with women focused and equality seeking groups throughout all regions.
Develop robust membership and internal processes centered on consensus-building, inclusion, and anti-oppression.
- Develop policies and processes that are sound, equitable, and reduce barriers to participation;
- Foster a committed membership in which members experience solidarity, trust, and respect with one another.
Advocate, educate, and partner strategically.
- Focus on systems-level change;
- Take a collective impact approach;
- Identify strategic roles for the council given its unique mandate, resources, and relationship to government